Bathroom Trends for 2019 – What to Consider for Your Next Bathroom Renovation
Tuesday, February 26, 2019 , Posted by Bradhaw Plumbing
Are you planning a bathroom renovation in 2019? Looking for renovation ideas to give your bathroom a unique and updated look and feel? We’ve put together a list of some of the top bathroom trends for 2019. Choose some or incorporate all of them in your bathroom renovation design to create the perfect bathroom oasis for you:
- Spa features: Homeowners continue to add spa like features to their bathrooms at home. Why go to the spa when you can create a spa like atmosphere right at home?
- Wood vanities: Reclaimed wood and drift wood or repurposed wood desks and dressers are becoming popular alternatives to traditional vanities found in bathrooms. They can be the focal point of your bathroom design and will give it a more rustic or modern look depending on the finish.
- Statement mirrors: The mirror you choose can have a big influence on the overall design of your bathroom. Homeowners are thinking outside of the box when it comes to the mirrors being used in bathrooms. Odd shapes, unique frames, multiple mirror combinations are all being used to give new live to a bathroom element that has been overlooked for years.
- Tile accent wall: Accent walls are a popular way to bring attention to a specific part of a room. This trend has made its way to the bathroom. More and more people are using unique and eccentric tile designs to create an accent wall in their bathroom shower and other focal points in the bathroom.
- Industrial design schemes: Many homeowners are now using metal in their bathrooms to give it an industrial look. They use metal edging for showers, metal towel racks, grab bars, and incorporate metal in other areas of the design.
- Grey: This continues to be a hot colour for bathroom designs. Grey cabinets particularly are popping up in bathrooms across the country. Grey is a great colour to play off of almost any design, style, and colour palette.
- Artwork: Signature artwork is making its way into the bathroom. What was once traditionally found in living rooms, dens, and hallways is now finding its way to bathroom walls. Whether it’s a larger piece in your master bathroom or a smaller piece of art in a powder room, art is making a presence in bathrooms today.
- Glass shower walls: Frameless glass shower doors and glass shower walls are increasingly being used to give bathrooms a more spacious look. This will brighten up the room and make it feel more airy and open.
Get More Bathroom Renovation And Repair Tips
Check out these blogs to get more bathroom renovation ideas, tips, and advice:
3 Luxury Upgrades that are a Must for Your Dream Bathroom
Everyone Loves A Comfortable Bath: Which Bathtub Style Is Right For You?
Why Your Builder Supplied Toilet Sucks & How You can Replace it with Something Nice without Breaking the Bank
6 Key Considerations When Shopping For A New Shower