Clutter is the enemy. If you do not stay on top of it, your things can start to consume your space at home. Your bathroom is no different than any other room in your home. One of the most common areas you see clutter in your bathroom are the bathroom cabinets. Items that you use daily often get left on the top of them. Things seem to multiply and take up more and more space underneath.
Failure to keep your cabinets organized can not only become an eyesore, it can be something that is not only on your mind, but also makes things more challenging. When you do not know exactly where things are and you need to look for them, it can make getting ready and personal grooming more time consuming. So, its best to get your cabinets organized.
Implement these organizing tips to keep your bathroom cabinets in tip top shape:
1. Remove unnecessary items: One of the first steps to organizing your bathroom cabinets is to get rid of anything that does not belong in there. Its amazing how quickly things can add up over time. If it’s been a while since you last went through your cabinets, now is the time. Get rid of expired products, moisturizers and creams you no longer need and anything else that is just taking up space in your cabinets.
2. Get rid of the packaging: A common thing many people do is buy supplies for the bathroom and throw them in the cabinet as soon as they get home. But when you leave them in the packaging, you take up more space. Take your items out of the packaging to reduce clutter and get rid of waste right away.
3. Assign drawer and shelves: The more people who share a bathroom, the greater potential there is for organizational issues. Multiple people using the same drawers and cabinets can create chaos. One way to remedy this is to assign the space in your cabinets. Each person is assigned a specific space. it is theirs to put their personal and grooming items. Each person is responsible for keeping their section neat and tidy.
4. Create a system: Having a system is important. It does not matter what the system is as long as it works for you. Some people create a system based on colours, while others organize based on products and supplies. Maintain the same system in all bathroom cabinets in all bathrooms in your home. This way, everyone can stay on the same page.
5. Install pull out storage solution: You can get more out of your cabinets and make it easier to access and organize your things by installing a pull-out storage solution. With these there is no more having to reach into the back of a cabinet for an item while knocking over other things. You also reduce the odds of losing things in the back of cabinets and drawers.
6. Add hooks to the back of cabinet doors: The back of your cabinets can be a great place to add hooks. You can hang things like your blow dryer, hair straightener, and other personal items. This will help to reduce clutter and make commonly used items more accessible.
7. Use dividers, baskets, and trays in drawers: Separating and dividing up the space in your cabinets can help you to quickly organize your personal belongings. You can separate your items in a way that makes the most sense for you. It can help you keep things clean and easy to access. This is particularly important if you take items out of the packaging when you purchase it and bring it home. ‘
8. Cull the cabinets on a regular basis: Getting things organized once is the easy part. Its keeping your cabinets clean and neat all the time that is the biggest challenge. You need to stay on top of things, or your cabinets could get out of control quickly. Cull your cabinets on a regular basic to keep them organized.
Organizing your bathroom cabinets is one of those projects you don’t see the value in until you actually do it. Use the adobe tips to make your bathroom more organized.
Read More From Our Blog
At Bradshaw Plumbing & Renovations - the safety and well-being of our staff, our customers, and our community is our top priority. Rest assured that we are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely, and taking the necessary precautions to keep everyone safe and healthy.
To help with prevention, we have put the following protocols in place for our staff:
1.) Providing staff members with ample supply of: hand sanitizers, disinfectant wipes, masks, gloves, face shields, and eye protection.
2.) Asking customers if they have been diagnosed with or exposed to COVID-19, or if they have any cold or flu symptoms, prior to entering their home or business.
3.) Team members have been instructed to keep safe social distance, to avoid shaking hands when serving customers, and to work at least 6 ft away from others at all times.
4.) Any staff member that develops cold or flu-like symptoms will refrain from working immediately and be asked to contact Ontario's Public Health Agency to follow the COVID-19 testing and self-isolation protocols.
5.) Should the situation present itself, our staff members have the right to refuse entry into a property if they feel they are in harmsway.
6.) The parts department is available from Monday to Friday for curbside pickup of essential plumbing repair parts.
7.) Please note that during this time, the showroom will be closed until further notice.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding, as we all do our part to keep eachother safe and healthy during these challenging times. We will get through this together.